Chicken is always choice for grilling. But it is also one of the more strenuous foods to grill correctly. There is white meat and dark meat, pieces of various shapes and sizes, with different amounts of fat. Fat that adds flavour and humidity, but additionally promotes flare ups. Basically, different poultry parts require different treatments on the grill.
So here it’s, your guide for how to grill poultry kabobs for tender, juicy meat with flame kissed flavor. You will get advice for making marinades, handling flare ups, and ensuring proper doneness. Plus you will get top rated recipes, so that you can hit the grill with confidence.
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 whole cardamom pod
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon minced seeded Thai Chile or jalapeno Chile
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 8 pieces naan or pita, for serving
- Mango Chutney, for serving
Toast coriander seeds, cloves, and cardamom pod in a skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool, then grind. Preheat grill to medium-high. Using your hands, combine all ingredients (except bread and chutney). For each kebab, shape 1/3 cup mixture into a 5-inch log; slide a skewer through center. Grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with bread and chutney.